Thursday, May 30, 2013

Final Asessment

Judging by how Holden has grown throughout this experience, he is no longer a psychotic teen but rather a troubled teen. A troubled teen is a person that woud rather stick with his/her own thoughts and doesn't consider what other people have to say. They do what they want when they want and don't listen to authority. I can see that he has accepted the fact that everyone must grow up and he accepts that. However, I can see that he is still growing into being comfortable with this. His rebellious personality is still present but that is nothing unusual at this age. He is ready to leave the institution and continue with his life. Before he left, I asked him some questions to verify my thoughts on him:
       What is the significane of your red hunting hat?  The hat gives me a sense of individuality. I feel a bit of confidence when I wear it because I know that no one else will have the same hat as me. I would rather be alone if I am myself rather than conform to others and be phony.
        Do you feel running away has fixed your problems? No, it hasn't. Before I came to this place, I feel I finally faced my fear of growing up and realized that it will happen to everyone including me. Facing this problem has made me happier.
        What are some qualities you like about yourself? I like that I don't care what other people think of me. Like I told you before, I'd rather not conform to fit in because I'd have to be phony.


        




      

No comments:

Post a Comment